Sprint today will transform forever the way customers buy or upgrade their mobile phones, tablets and other connected devices with the introduction of Sprint Direct 2 You.
“By bringing the in-store experience directly to customers, we can make that change painless, worry-free and do it in the comfort of a location where the customer wants it.”
Sprint is bringing an in-store experience to the comfort of a customer’s own home, office or other location they choose with this innovative service that is unlike anything else in wireless today. With Sprint Direct 2 You, a Sprint-trained expert will bring a Sprint mobile device to a customer’s location, set it up and transfer all of their content, including contacts, pictures, videos and apps, from their old device to a new one. The experience also includes the Sprint expert performing a tutorial and offering tips to help the customer become familiar with using the new mobile device.
Sprint developed this service based on customer research and insights that clearly indicated the need for a revolutionary service like this one.
This new service is expected to place about 5,000 Sprint Direct 2 You cars in major metropolitan areas by the end of the year to make wireless shopping more convenient.
“With our new Sprint Direct 2 You fleet of cars, it’s as if we are adding 5,000 additional stores,” Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure said. “However, these mobile stores will be continuously on the move based on customer demand.”
Time is the most precious asset for current and future Sprint customers who find it inconvenient to visit a store. Others have shared that they are reluctant to order online and receive a new device at home because it is challenging to start using it without help. It’s not easy to transfer the contacts, pictures, videos, apps and other content from an old device to a new one. Setting up a new phone and learning how to use new features also can be difficult, and these functions are usually performed in a store. Sprint teams listened to these customer concerns and invented Sprint Direct 2 You, transforming the way American wireless consumers will shop for smartphones and other mobile devices.
“We’re constantly listening to our customers, and we learn from them what they want in a great wireless phone experience so that we can remove their pain points,” Claure said. “As a result, we created Sprint Direct 2 You, a whole new way of buying wireless. With Direct 2 You, Sprint brings an amazing, convenient in-store experience directly to the customer – in the comfort of wherever they want to be. Customers will never have to worry about transferring their own data or being handed a device they do not know how to use.”
The national roll-out of Sprint Direct 2 You begins today in Sprint’s home town – the Kansas City metropolitan area – for upgrade-eligible customers. On April 20, Sprint Direct 2 You will be available in the Chicago and Miami markets, with expansion nationally expected to follow throughout 2015.
Here’s how it works:
· Qualified customers receive an offer via text or email to upgrade their phone.
· Customers call the Sprint phone number in the text or email to take advantage of the offer and schedule an appointment for this free service.1
· A Direct 2 You Expert arrives when and where the customer requests, sets up and activates the new phone, transferring all contacts and data from the old phone, then personalizes the new device to the customer’s specifications.
· Customers can choose to turn in their old phones for recycling or reuse.
The Sprint experts are particularly skilled in helping customers make the switch from a phone using the Android operating system to one running on Apple’s iOS, or vice versa. While this can be a complex process, the expert will manage it to make it easy for the customer.
“We take for granted that it is easy to switch between different types of phones, but it actually is very complex,” Claure said. “By bringing the in-store experience directly to customers, we can make that change painless, worry-free and do it in the comfort of a location where the customer wants it.”
Sprint Direct 2 You is one more way the company is inviting wireless consumers to discover Sprint and experience what tens of millions of Sprint customers already know:
· Sprint offers the Best Value in Wireless with compelling rate plans, including Cut Your Bill in Half and device purchasing options such as iPhone for Life Plan or the recently launched Unlimited Plus Plan that allows customers to upgrade their mobile phones every year.
· The Sprint network’s performance continues to improve, providing significantly better call quality and faster data speeds in a growing number of places. According to independent mobile analytics firm RootMetrics®, results for second half 2014 show Sprint with the highest net gain in first-place or shared first-place RootScore® and network award wins in Overall Performance, Reliability, Call and Text performance.